1. Information We Collect and Use
We collect personal information from our users in a variety of ways, including:
- Information you provide. We may collect and store personal information you register for our Service or provide to us in some other manner. For example, when you register with the Service, we collect your name, email address, password, contact information and employment information. If you are an employer, we also collect information about your business, payment information and any information you provide about your employees, including your employees’ contact information. If you are an employee, we may collect any additional information you provide to us. We may also collect any communications between you and GoGENIE, as well as any information you provide if you take part in any interactive features of the Service.
- Data collected through the use of the Service. After you set up your account, we collect information about how you use the Service and about your actions on the Service, including your job applications, shift applications, work schedule, your availability, your time records, your location, your ratings, your messages to others on the Service and comments you make on the Service forums or blogposts.
- Information we receive from social networking sites. When you interact with our site through various social media, such as when you login through Facebook or Google (if any), or share GoGENIE content on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or other sites, we may receive information from the social network including your profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, user ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, friends list, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network, and we will not post information about you on third party social media sites without your consent. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our website or Service.
- Address book, calendar and contact information. With your permission, GoGENIE may access your contact list available on your mobile device, in your email accounts or other information system you connect with the Service in order to locate your friends, contacts and employees on the Service and to invite them to register with our Service. With your permission, we may integrate our Service with your calendar system (such as Google Calendar, Outlook, etc.) in order to provide updates of your schedule on the Service to your calendar, and to integrate your calendar entries with your GoGENIE schedule.
- Information we receive from third parties. From time to time, we may receive information about you from third parties, such as identity verification, payroll vendors and other information. We may also collect information about you that is publicly available.
We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, as well as to communicate directly with you, permit you to communicate with others on the Service or on social media, or invite others to join the Service. We may send you texts, in-app notifications and email communications that contain information about our products or Service, or information about third parties’ products or services we think you may enjoy. We may also send you Service-related emails or messages (e.g., account verification, messages and schedules, change or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). For more information about your communication preferences, see “Your Choices Regarding Your Information” below.
We automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our website or use our Service. When you visit the Service, we may send one or more cookies — a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, how frequently you access the Service, and other actions you take on the Service), and allow us to track your usage of the Service over time. We may collect log file information from your browser or mobile device each time you access the Service. Log file information may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, information about your mobile device, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our Users. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service. We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service and to understand more about the demographics of our users. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of third party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving the Service. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our visitors, we are not able to respond to Do Not Track signals from your browser at this time.
When you access our Service by or through a mobile device, we may receive or collect and store a unique identification numbers associated with your device or our mobile application (including, for example, a UDID, Unique ID for Advertisers (“IDFA”), Google Ad ID, or Windows Advertising ID), mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, phone number, and, depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device.
We use or may use the data collected through cookies, log file, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs information to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including advertising; (c) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (d) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website and our Service; (e) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (f) otherwise to plan for and enhance our service.
2. Sharing Information
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see the “Your Choices Regarding Your Information” section below.
We may share your personal information with:
- Other members of the Service. Your information will be shared other users of the Service, as needed to provide the Services to you. For example, some of your information may be shared with your employer and with other employees of the same employer in order to facilitate job applications, work scheduling, timekeeping and communication. You may be able to control the visibility of some of your information and actions through your Settings (see “Your Choices Regarding Your Information” below). We may also share information about your use of the Service with your employer for analytic purposes. For example, we may provide reporting tools to allow an employer to evaluate the efficiency of its workforce, and its employees’ responsiveness and availability;
- Other companies owned by or under common ownership as GoGENIE, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns. These companies will use your personal information in the same way as we can under this Policy;
- Third party vendors, consultants and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, in order to carry out their work for us, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, hosting services, or providing analytics services;
- Other parties in connection with any company transaction, such as a merger, sale of all or a portion of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party or in the event of bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
We may also share information with others in an aggregated and anonymous form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
3. Your Choices Regarding Your Information
Profile and Data Sharing Settings.
You may change some of your data sharing preferences on your Settings page. For example, you may mark certain aspects of your profile as private so that it may not be viewable by other users of the Service.
The Service facilitates communication between users by email, text message and in-app notifications. Users can adjust communications preferences through Settings.
- When an employer invites an employee to register with the Service, we will send that employee a message using the contact information provided by the employer. The employer must certify that it has the employees consent for GoGENIE to contact the employee on the employer’s behalf using that method of communication.
- If you want to invite your friends to try out the Service, we will send the friend an email or text message, which may include your name and photo to let them know that you are the person extending the invitation. After sending these invitations, we may also send reminder emails to your invitees on your behalf. We will store these contacts for ease of connecting with them on the Service at a later time.
From time to time, we may send promotional messages. If you do not wish to receive promotional emails, you can change your email preferences on your Settings page on our websites, or you can click the “unsubscribe” button on promotional email communications. Note that you are not permitted to unsubscribe or opt-out of non-promotional messages regarding your account, such as account verification, change or updates to features of the Service, or technical and security notices.
We may permit third party online advertising networks to collect information about your use of our website over time so that they may play or display ads that may be relevant to your interests on our Service as well as on other websites or apps. Typically, the information we share is provided through cookies or similar tracking technologies. The only way to completely “opt out” of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology is to actively manage the settings on your browser or mobile device. Please refer to your browser’s or mobile device’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. (To learn more about cookies, clear gifs/web beacons and related technologies, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org and/or the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org). If you access our service on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through settings.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. You may deactivate or delete your account by contacting us at email@example.com. However, please be aware that we will not be able to delete any content you have shared with others on the Service. Your employer will have a record of your schedule when you were employed, and will retain the data the employer provided to us about you.
Deleting or Anonymizing Your Content.
If you are under 18 years of age, you may request to delete or anonymize user content that you posted to the Service such that your personal information will not be identifiable publicly on our Service by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. While we will use all commercially reasonable efforts to delete or anonymize your user content upon request, please be aware that due to the nature of our Service, you may not be able to completely remove all of your personally identifiable user content if, for example, that content has been stored, republished, or reposted by another user or a third party. We may also maintain your information in identifiable form for our internal use, even if your personal data is no longer visible to the public on our Service.
4. Security and Storage of Information
GoGENIE cares about the security of your information and uses commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect and that we share with our service providers. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
5. Persons Under the Age of 13
The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information collected from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
6. Links to Third Party Websites
The Services may contain links to and from third party websites of our business partners, advertisers, social media sites, and our users may post links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
7. Updates to this Policy
8. Contacting Us
If you have questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Last Revision Date
This Policy was last revised on, and effective as of, April 24, 2017.